“collection” means the act of gathering, acquiring, recording, or obtaining personal information from any source, including third parties, by any means.
“consent” means voluntary agreement with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for defined purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the user or by an authorized representative. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from an user’s action or inaction.
“user” means an individual who uses the Service provided by Jenna Rae Cakes, including anyone who accesses or visits the Sites.
“disclosure” means making personal information available to a third party.
“personal information” means information about an identifiable individual but not aggregated information that cannot be associated with a specific individual. For a registered user, such information may include (but is not limited to) billing information, account information, billing records, and any recorded complaints.
“registered user” means an individual who has created and registered an account with the Service.
“third party” means an individual other than the user, or the user’s agent, or an organization outside Jenna Rae Cakes.
“use” means the treatment, handling and management of personal information by and within Jenna Rae Cakes.
2. Purpose of Collection
Jenna Rae Cakes collects your personal information for the following purposes:
- if you are a registered user, to establish and maintain your Service account;
- to provide the ongoing products, services or information that you request;
- to verify your identity if you submit comments, product reviews or other content to the Service;
- to process purchases, provide invoices and to ship products;
- to assist you in tracking your order;
- to provide customer support to assist you with your questions or complaints;
- to collect amounts owing to Jenna Rae Cakes;
- to manage and develop the business and operations of Jenna Rae Cakes, including to analyze where our users are located, to determine the systems or devices for which we should optimize our system, and to troubleshoot network and system problems;
- to improve users’ experience of the Service, including to customize website settings;
- to detect and protect against fraud and error;
- to track and analyze your purchases and preferences to better understand your product and service needs and eligibility for discounts;
- to guide us in selecting new products to be offered through the Service;
- to promote existing products by posting the testimonials that you submit, if any; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Jenna Rae Cakes may collect any or all of the following personal information if the information is reasonably required to provide the services accessed or requested by you:
- information that you provide when you become a registered user or otherwise complete forms on the Service, such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, sex, and country of residence, including if you subscribe to our newsletter or product updates, upload or submit any material through the Service, or request any information;
- your log-in and password details in connection with your Service account, including your username;
- information that you provide when you make a transaction, including products purchased, method of payment, amount paid, and credit or debit card number;
- information about your personal preferences, including product wish lists, and marketing consents;
- your correspondence with Jenna Rae Cakes employees, including any questions, concerns or comments you may have about the Service or problems that you report;
- comments and other content that you may post to the Service; and
- details of your requests made through the Service;
Jenna Rae Cakes may use your personal information as is reasonably required to:
- verify your identity when you sign into your account or contact our customer service department;
- verify your credit card/financial information;
- provide you with the products and services that you have requested, including to process and ship your purchases;
- administer your Service account;
- respond to questions, comments, requests or complaints that you submit to Jenna Rae Cakes;
- analyze use of the Sites to improve the Service;
- send weekly sales emails, news emails, regular mail and/or flash sale bulletins that you have consented to receive from Jenna Rae Cakes;
- send prizes and/or gifts that you have qualified to receive;
- provide Service-related announcements or notifications to you; and
- fulfill a purpose that we disclose to you when we request your personal information.
Jenna Rae Cakes may disclose your personal information to:
- a third-party payment processing company;
- third-party companies that provide Jenna Rae Cakes with email services, feedback survey services, and information validation services;
- an agent used by Jenna Rae Cakes to collect an outstanding account;
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Jenna Rae Cakes, is seeking the information as your agent; and
- a third party or parties, where you consent to such disclosure or the disclosure is required by law.
Jenna Rae Cakes does not have control over, and is not responsible for, personal information that users voluntarily disclose about themselves to the public via the Service, nor for personal information that a user may disclose about another user via the Service. Please exercise caution before disclosing personal information about yourself to other users through the Service.
6. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Jenna Rae Cakes is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Jenna Rae Cakes uses appropriate security measures to protect personal information against risks such as loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification or destruction regardless of the format in which it is held. The methods of protection and safeguards used by Jenna Rae Cakes include, but are not limited to, locked filing cabinets, need-to-know access and technological measures, including the use of passwords, encryption and firewalls. While Jenna Rae Cakes cannot guarantee that risks such as loss, theft, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal information will not occur, Jenna Rae Cakes will make every effort to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Jenna Rae Cakes takes care in disposing of or destroying personal information to prevent unauthorized parties from gaining access to the information. Jenna Rae Cakes also ensures that its employees with access to personal information are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of personal information. Finally, Jenna Rae Cakes protects personal information disclosed to third parties by contractual agreements stipulating the confidentiality of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used.
Jenna Rae Cakes is committed to keeping your personal information as complete, up-to-date, and accurate as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. Jenna Rae Cakes will promptly correct or complete any personal information found to be inaccurate or incomplete. Where appropriate, Jenna Rae Cakes will transmit amended information to third parties having access to the personal information in question. Upon request, Jenna Rae Cakes will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to review the personal information in your file to review its accuracy. Such personal information will be provided within a reasonable time of the request and at a minimal or no cost to you.
Also upon request, Jenna Rae Cakes will provide an account of the use and disclosure of your personal information and, where reasonably possible, will state the source of the information. In providing an account of disclosure, Jenna Rae Cakes will provide a list of organizations to which it may have disclosed personal information about you when it is not possible to provide an actual list.
9. Withdrawing Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Jenna Rae Cakes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In certain circumstances, your withdrawal of consent will result in the inability of Jenna Rae Cakes to continue providing aspects of the Service to you. Please contact Jenna Rae Cakes for more information regarding the implications of withdrawing consent.
10. Non-Personal Information
Non-personal information is information that does not identify you and which we are unable to connect to other information in order to identify you. Jenna Rae Cakes may collect any or all of the following non-personal information:
- We may also use additional analytics programs from time to time to process non-personal information about you.
Privacy and CASL Compliance Officer
Mailing Address: 580 Academy Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3N 0E3
Telephone No.: 1-204-510-1110
E-mail: [email protected]
12. Email Management – Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”)
From time to time, Jenna Rae Cakes sends to its customers or other persons commercial electronic messages including surveys, invitations and messages relating to its new products, services, special offers, promotions, contests, and service tips. Jenna Rae Cakes endeavours to obtain express consent before sending these messages and, where required by law, includes an option to unsubscribe in the message. Recipients who no longer wish to receive these types of messages from us may unsubscribe from our mailing list. Once a recipient has unsubscribed from our list (a request with which Jenna Rae Cakes will comply within 10 business days), Jenna Rae Cakes will no longer send commercial electronic messages to the email address that was used by the recipient to unsubscribe. If a recipient has more than one email address, each email address must be unsubscribed from our list. After an unsubscribe request is performed, a recipient may continue to receive other types of email messages from Jenna Rae Cakes that do not fall within the definition of “commercial electronic messages”, such as emails that are generated by our Service in connection with shipping product(s) that a recipient has ordered or those that relate to the management of a user’s Jenna Rae Cakes account.
Jenna Rae Cakes encourages customers or other affected persons to bring forward any complaints about Jenna Rae Cakes’s email practices to the attention of Jenna Rae Cakes’s Privacy and CASL Compliance Officer using the contact information provided above.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from Jenna Rae Cakes, please click here to unsubscribe[NTD – pop a hyperlink in there for the unsubscribe button!!].
Date: May 10, 2016